Refresh
Latest Nintendo Direct rumor roundup
There aren’t that many rumors regarding what might be in the upcoming Direct, though frequent speculator and YouTube creator ‘NatetheHate’ does have some ideas.
He suggests that Black Myth: Wukong, Metaphor: Refantazio, Monster Hunter Wilds, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Fallout 4, and Elden Ring (which was recently delayed for Switch 2) will all be featured later.
Many online are also hoping for the announcement of a Clair Obscur: Expedition 33 port, though there doesn’t seem to be any concrete evidence to suggest it’s more likely than anything else.
The Duskbloods is a shoo-in
Nintendo Swich 2 exclusive The Duskbloods is also a game that I expect to appear.
We haven’t heard too much about this FromSoftware developed multiplayer joint, but it’s worth remembering that it’s still set to release this year so marketing is likely to ramp up soon.
It was also a major title back in the initial Nintendo Switch 2 reveal direct, so it only makes sense that Nintendo would want to keep a spotlight on it with a shiny new trailer – especially now in its release year.
If that wasn’t enough, I’m expecting Village and 7 too
If Requiem is shown, then I would bet on at least a brief look at Resident Evil Village and Resident Evil 7: Biohozard too.
Both games were announced to be coming alongside Requiem as part of a mega all-in-one pack, so it makes sense to show them together – especially if they’re the great ports we’re anticipating.
On the that subject…
Speaking of Resident Evil Requiem‘s performance, my colleague Josie recently went hands-on with the game at a Nintendo event and was very impressed with the quality of the port.
“In general, I didn’t notice any frame drops or performance issues at all in the demo; an impressive feat that’s a testament to the Switch 2’s capabilities, provided games have been well-optimized,” she wrote.
“The majority of the credit, therefore, goes to Capcom for its ability to do said optimization, as well as its impressive RE Engine.”
Hopefully Isaiah is right, and Capcom will be keen to show off just what it has achieved here with either a new trailer or demo later today.
We’re expecting lots of Resi news
I just had a quick chat to our resident Resident Evil head and Staff Writer Isaiah what he thinks will be in store for survival horror fans.
“My second most anticipated game of 2026, Resident Evil Requiem, is fast approaching, with its launch set for February 27, and believe me, my hype levels are through the roof,” he said.
“Based on all I’ve seen so far, Requiem has strong potential to be the best game in the Resident Evil franchise, and I’m expecting this Nintendo Direct to shed some more light on the game’s mysteries.
I suspect now could be our first true opportunity for a public demo alongside the release of a new trailer that reveals another major character or location. The game launch is only a few weeks away, and typically, Capcom releases its Resident Evil demos at least two weeks before each game arrives – and while the rumored PlayStation State of Play is set for next week, Capcom has only marketed Requiem via its own showcases, or those by Nvidia, and Nintendo thus far.
It would also be the perfect chance to showcase the game’s performance on the Switch 2 too!”
Hello everyone!
You must confirm your public display name before commenting
Please logout and then login again, you will then be prompted to enter your display name.
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/abgM8caSCG3T4vcFdqsUqh-2000-80.jpg
Source link
dash.wood@futurenet.com (Dashiell Wood)




