More

    23andMe CEO Wojcicki no longer open to third-party takeover proposals, filing shows By Reuters



    [

    (Reuters) – Genetic testing firm 23andMe Chief Executive Officer Anne Wojcicki would no longer be open to considering third-party takeover proposals for the company, a regulatory filing showed on Monday.

    “It has become even clearer to me that the best path forward for the (company) is for me to take the company private,” Wojcicki said.

    Wojcicki had said earlier this month she would consider third-party takeover proposals while continuing to evaluate and negotiate a deal.

    In July, the CEO and co-founder proposed to acquire all outstanding shares of the firm not already owned by her or her affiliates for $0.40 each.

    © Reuters. FILE PHOTO: Attendees purchase DNA kits at the 23andMe booth at the RootsTech annual genealogical event in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S., February 28, 2019. REUTERS/George Frey/File Photo

    The independent directors of the company resigned earlier this month saying they had not received a satisfactory take-private offer in the best interests of the non-affiliated shareholders.

    23andMe, which provides DNA testing that helps users learn more about their ancestry, went public in 2021.


    https://i-invdn-com.investing.com/news/fa8a2f803ea2ddf92359d55091dcde0a_L.jpg
    https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/23andme-ceo-wojcicki-no-longer-open-to-thirdparty-takeover-proposals-filing-shows-3641740


    Reuters

    Latest articles

    spot_imgspot_img

    Related articles

    Leave a reply

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    spot_imgspot_img