[
For those whose appetite for documentary footage of the First Lady was not slaked by Melania, more is allegedly coming to Amazon Prime.
Marc Beckman, Melania’s senior advisor and longtime manager, first announced that a docuseries was arriving this fall on Real America’s Voice earlier this month. Then Brett Ratner, the director of the 2026 Amazon Prime film Melania, posted on Instagram that he “can’t wait to share with everyone around the world the next two chapters of MELANIA, THE DOCU SERIES!”
Amazon did not respond to a request for confirmation or comment. Beckman and Ratner didn’t respond to inquiries asking them to offer more details on the project, either.
Though the filmmakers haven’t said much about the alleged docuseries, Beckman pitched the new material on Real America’s Voice as a “total different experience, completely new.” He added that the episodes will “show a part of the First Lady that hasn’t been seen yet.” And in his post, Ratner suggested that members of the original Melania creative team were involved, as he tagged Melania’s recently formed production company Muse Films as well as New Element Media, a shingle from his fellow Melania producer Fernando Sulichin.
Beckman previously told The Hollywood Reporter that Amazon’s deal for Melania included at least two episodes of bonus footage that were set to be released alongside the feature documentary on Amazon Prime. But when Melania premiered on Prime on March 9, those episodes were not yet included, suggesting these new episodes may be the ones (or at least may include the ones) previously described.
With a price tag of around $75 million for Amazon, Melania went on to gross just $16.6 million at the box office. On streaming, it did appear to top Amazon Prime streaming charts when it first appeared on the platform, but its overall performance there hasn’t been disclosed.
Though Amazon’s rich deal for the film prompted speculation about the tech giant cozying up to the Trump administration, Amazon founder Jeff Bezos defended the company’s move as a “good business decision” in an interview in May.
“The Melania thing is a falsehood that will not die,” Bezos said in an interview with CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin. “I had nothing to do with that. By the way, it appears it was a good business decision. You know, it did very well in theaters. It’s done very well on streaming. People are very curious about Melania.”
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/wp-content/uploads/2026/01/Melania_2026_003_CREDIT__Amazon_MGM_Studios-H-2026.jpg?w=1296&h=730&crop=1
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amazon-melania-followup-1236675598/
Katie Kilkenny
Almontather Rassoul




